Quick Exit

Protection Orders

You may apply to the Magistrates Court for a Domestic Violence Order, Personal Protection Order or Personal Protection (Workplace) Order against someone who has committed, or is likely to commit a domestic or personal violence offence against you.

As the person applying for the order you are known as the “applicant”. The person you are seeking the order against is known as the “respondent”.

The ACT Courts website has more information about applying for protection orders including videos.